[T3] Hurst Shifter

I guess I'm probably preaching to the converted but I just recieved my new
(old) Hurst shifter (from most of your side of the pond) and I just had to
write to tell all. Its not a great one- missing bits and fairly tatty but I
fitted it this evening and just got home from my first drive with it. WOW! I
was a bit sceptical and kind of saw it as an overpriced trendy accessory,
but I was wrong. This thing is probably as old as my car if not older and
it's testament to its quality that there is no visible wear anywhere. It
fitted in minutes and what a difference! Its strange how a crisp, accurate
shift can completely change your driving experience, but it really does. I
remember what a difference it made when I renewed the shifter rubber linkage
in my last car ( a great little Citroen Dyane)- its the same kind of thing.
There wasn't anything particularly wrong with my original shifter- in fact
it was luxury compared with the b*g I learned to drive in- that was lucky
dip which gear you got (but my mum managed to drive it ok!) but this is a
vast improvement. The shift feels so good!- its like it was meant to be- a
well oiled precision machine- like changing gear on a lathe or something- it
clunks in positively and you really feel it.
Anyway, sorry for the product endorsement, but if you never tried one
before- you should!

Mark Seaton
'73 Fasty, London