Re: [T3] Woo Who!!

> I finaly got a myself a type III and I am ready to get it rolling..

Congratulations!

>is evidence of brake fluid by the pedal and I can hear some like noise when I push the
brake

My 70 had a problem with letting water in...  one morning (as I was just pulling out to
go to work) I had a total brake failure, foot to the floor with a gurgling spray of brake
fluid on my shoes :(. Replacing the master cylinder did not solve this (even though I
could have sworn it was the source of the leak. In allowing water to collect in my car,
the hard brake line that travels through the passenger compartment next to the tunnel had
rusted through. I was pressing my brakes rather hard (but not as hard as I could have
been in an emergency situation) because my brake lights were malfunctioning, luckily I
was at a stand still, though I did have to run to work in the rain...

In short, I'd have a good look at each and *every* element of the brake system.

If it's pulling to one side, I'd also begin by replacing the brake pads with a new,
matched pair and bleeding the system. Continued problems indicate a more serious problem.
In the same 70 I stupidly ignored such a pull, first one side accompanied by a metallic
shrieking sound after stopping and on sometimes on the freeway, then the other with no
sound at all..

My passenger caliper had frozen shut, and ground through the business end of my disc
leaving the hub to spin free with the caliper clutching an inwardly sharpened ring.
Imagine my surprize upon removing *that* wheel! I still have the parts, and will get
around to posting pics sometime..

Hey, it was my first car! I was (am still?) a foolish kid ;) I'm not saying that the type
3 brake system is bad, by any means. I'm just saying that it is a very good idea to fix
them promptly.

Fixing shifting slop is often a simple (though sometimes time consuming) process by
adjusting the plate that the shifter passes through into the tunnel. I haven't any
stories on that one.

I'm a fan of the FI. Here's a good write up on troubleshooting/tuning it up:
http://www.914fan.net/djet.html

Best of luck, may the force be with you

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~