Re: [T3] Golf brake pads

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>

> I just checked, and the late type 4 pads have 14mm of friction material,
while
> all the others (all type 3, and early type 4) have 9.5mm. This is a little
more
> than you described, but it still might account for the gap.

Thanks Jim. Are the Late type4 calipers compatible with Type3s? I mean do
they have the same mounting bolt holes? And are the late pads the same
dimensions other than the thickness? My golf pads are about 15mm overall
thickness I think- will check today. Could you or someone measure the gap
accross the pad chamber where the pins go through- that should sort this out
once and for all!

Thanks,
Mark