[T3] Need early model rear seat securing tab (for sleeping hinges).

Geez, if it ain't one thing...

Okay, I took out my rear seat cushion to install my sleeping hinges in my
Squareback.  Well, turns out they won't quite fit in a late model because the
securing tab under the cushion is different.  To see what I mean, go here and
look at the item circled in red (that's the part I need):
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/temp/rear-seat.jpg
On my car my securing tab kind of looks like the one that is not circled but
it's longer.  Anyway, the sleeping hinge is supposed to bolt to the early
model tab BUT the hinge body can't even clear my current securing tab.

Anyway, I need to drill out the tack welds that hold my bracket in and weld in
an early style tab.  Does anyone have one for cheap they can drill or cut out
for me?

The securing tab is what the cable mounts to.  It helps hold the cushion when
the car is in the "cargo" mode.

Thanks,
     Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing
     http://www.icbm.org/
     Portland, Oregon