Re: [T3] A/C on the Samba (comes with car)? (d'oh)

In a message dated 3/15/03 11:21:37 AM Central Standard Time,
jadney@vwtype3.org writes:

<< Don't forget that while AC may seem like a totally good thing for us, it
is a
 really bad thing for our type 3s. There is a big downside to doing this to
your
 car. >>

Like what? Remember, I have an air-conditioned Type 34. The unit is not too
swift, but the idea is OK. The only downside that I know of is the fact that
a two belt system rather than a one-belt system is necessary. But, if one
looks around, he can
find the crankshaft extension necessary for the A/C unit, as I did.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com