RE: [T3] Retractable Seatbelts

Travis -

I don't have any belts to offer you, but I did put a set of retractable belts from my 71 Fasty in my 66 Squareback.

The center latches are a simple bolt on using the same holes as the metal loop for the original belts.

The attachment at the b-pillar is also a simple bolt on using the original hole.

The attachment at the rocker is different from 71 to 66 however.  It is also in a different location which makes getting into the rear seat a bit more awkward on the 66 since you now have to step over the retractor.  They also limit the seat travel by one notch since the seat base hits the retractor.  IIRC, I removed the separate small bracket at the bottom of the retractor that changed the mounting surface by 90 degrees.  I also bent the remaining bracket a bit to better match the curvature of the rocker section at the attachment point on the 66.

My belts work great and are loads more comfortable than the original non-retractable units.  Other than the two minor issues above, I am happy with them.  Of course the price was right too.......

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (Sophy)