Re: [T3] no power, blowing oil

I have a bone stock 70 FI motor in a good running order with good power and
speed BUT it looses oil. A couple of months ago, I went ahead and replaced
the oil cooler seals in hope of  ending this problem. It didn't, and I
noticed at the time with the cooling tin off, that the fan was blowing oil
onto the motor. We even had a discussion about it on the list and concluded
at the time that some spilled oil was the cause. Now I am not so sure. I
guess it could be blow-by but I don't know how to verify this with a motor
that seems to perform very well in all other aspects.
Hisham
70 sq.

Jim Adney:
> If your engine has been replaced by a later one then you may have a
breather
> box with 2 (!) plastic plugs on top of it. In that case you may not have
any
> place to attach the breather hose and pressure builds up inside until it
pushes
> oil out the back.
>
> Tell us what you have.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by SURFSIDE INTERNET]