Re: [T3] The 2004 Type 3 invasion!!!!!!

On 14 Mar 2003 at 16:04, volswagn@xms.ms wrote:

> I'm checking out a '71 square automatic on Sunday...

> Anyone have any last minute advice on what I should watch for? Body is
> supposedly in good shape, very little rust... I'm looking more for small
> detail stuff I should pay attention to...

Look for rust-thru under the fenders: at the rear of the front fenders and the
front of the rear fenders. This means rust into the interior, NOT thru the
painted visible part of the fender itself.

Check the brakes and brake fluid. They will probably have to be completely gone
over.

Look for gas leaks once you get it started. The old fuel hoses will probably
all have to be replaced.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org