Re: [T3] Fuel Leak

On 14 Mar 2003 at 8:55, Jason T. Smith wrote:

> I drove to work today in my Square and I noticed that the fuel hose to the Tee
> is leaking.  This hose just replace the very old one and you know once they get
> jostled they have the potential to leak.  I had checked it a few days ago and it
> was OK, there didn't seem to be any saturation or leaking.  Outside temp was a
> little colder this morning than the last time I drove it which could of made a
> difference.

Not sure which Tee you're talking about, but anything you do that disturbs it
will just make the leak worse. Yes, cold weather generally makes these worse,
too. I'd drive straight to a hardware store and buy the 5/16" hose and tools
you need to do a replacement in their parking lot. BTDT, except in my case it
was on New Year's Eve, 12 deg F, 20 mph wind, snow on the ground!  ;-P

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org