Re: [T3] no power

ChrisC=> a 1641cc that can't generate
=> enough power to get out of second gear

The compression question is a good one. Re Jim's idea that this might be a
defective FI distributor: you did say the carbs are stock, are they original
to the car? If you do indeed have a '69 dual-carb car, which is not all that
unusual, you will have a vacuum-only distributor, and a good one. You
haven't said whether you tested the advance mechanism, but I expect that if
it worked well enough before the rebuild and everything went back together
properly, there's not much reason to doubt it.

You didn't say anything aout rejetting the carbs for the larger
displacement. This made a big difference on my 1641. I can't quite remember
whether we tested the carbs with the stock jetting first, but I'd be kind of
surprised if it made as much difference as you've described. Still, it's
something to consider.

What makes the most difference, in my experience, is proper carb balance,
and that's a tricky business. What's your experience level there?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ