Re: [T3] no power

I have to agree with Jim on this. I running an 009, and haven't had any
trouble with it, other then when it ran a little off song due to the points
closing up, and that happens when you don't check them in 2 years. If you
have an 009 laying around, you might want to throw it in and see if it helps.
Not all 009s are bad, and it could help in your diagnosis. By using the FI
without the advance unit (vacuum), you are essentially using it as an 009
with a slightly better advance curve. The engine in my Square is using an 043
vac advance dizzy and it was recommended to me to time it at approx 42* total
at 3000 rpm (to base line it) and the fine tune from there. It started out as
a dual vac unit type that was converted to single vac. I went to Shop Talk
Forums, due to it being a beetle dizzy, and there are some people over there
a little more familiar with it. It seems like you're not getting any advance.
 I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban