Re: [T3] Distributor + electronic ignition

On 10 Mar 2003 at 8:52, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Thanks for the info Jim,
>
> > > To the point: My distributor (I now know) is a 311 905 205R. Could
> someone
> > > please let me know which years this is originally for?
> >
> > 1964

> Are you sure about that? "R" sounds awfully late for a 1964 distributor.

I agree. I'm pretty sure that's what it said, but I'll double check tonight. It
may be the correct replacement for a 64, but not the original.

> One further question: Can anyone tell me the correct distributor for a 1969 dual
> carb automatic? As my car doesn't have its original engine, I'm not sure how
> much use the info is, but it would be interesting to know.

I'll check tonight. In the meantime, why not give me your current engine
number, too.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org