RE: [T3] Window seal treatment

>This is long, but worth it. It's from
>http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=12

>You can purchase the products mentioned through
>them, or check local FLAPS. I had to go to several
>FLAPS to find some of the stuff they talk about.
>I have used a couple of these products mentioned,
>and they seem to work.

>Jeff '67 Sqbk

Thanks a lot for the info Jeff.  This seems to agree with want other
listee's said about keeping it in the shade, but the UV rays seem to be more
likely the cause of deterioration than heat. Jim A. had said that car covers
where not so good cause the rubber bakes under the cover, but if the UV rays
are the most damaging the cover is probably a good idea. In combination with
these products, maybe it will at the least minimize the effects of UV.  I
guess its kinda like sunblock for your car.

Even if this just helps a little it's a good thing. I think my car spent
most of its 30 odd years garaged, hence the good condition of the rubber.

You know I always heard products like Armour-All were not good, but never
saw the facts behind the statement. I guess I will stop using that stuff on
my Jetta too.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
72 Fasty FI AT(at the crossroads)