[T3] Back in the saddle, and a few questions

Hey Volks,
Well, after a bit of a hiatus, I'm back working on my Fastback again.  Sadly,
the Fasty won't be as "Dark" as it was before: I sold the 2110 and began
building a 1641 for it.  I miss driving an aircooled VW, so I'm hoping to
have my Fasty up and running again soon.  Because the car has been sitting
for a while I'm going to replace all the rubber brake and fuel hoses.  It
needed to be done before I put the car away anyhow.  What is the best way to
dispose of old fuel and brake fluid?  And what's a good method of cleaning
out the gas tank, I plan on pulling that out too.  I am missing the crank
pulley nut from the engine as well.  I did some nosing around locally and no
one seems to have one.  Are they type 3 specific?  And does anyone have a
spare they'd be willing to part with?  Ok, last question.  I'm looking at the
back shelf under the rear window  and I'm tired of seeing the nasty cut pile
blue carpet the PO put up there.  What's supposed to be there?  If its
carpet, did VW match the seat color or the carpet?  Thanks for the help!

Cayson Ellsworth
1968 Fastback