Re: [T3] Adjusting front stabilizer bar

> knuckles and rotate the right upper arm to vertical to remove it from the
> bar. Does this mean that I couldn't drift out the bar with the arms in their
> normal positions- some sort of keying into the arm? This sounds like it is
> getting a bit too complicated and may mean a few days off the road. How

	I did this in an afternoon... I seem to recall that unscrewing the
upper ball joint nuts was all that was really needed to get to the
trailing arms and torsion bar, but it's been a while and I don't remember
clearly.  I was mainly after replacing some ball joints that day, and it
wasn't too much trouble to access the torsion arm at that point.

	If you're really pressed for time, you could lift the front end,
loosen the right side (the adjusting side), loosen and retighten the fixed
(left) side socket head set screw, then adjust the right side to the
appropriate specifications.  However, if things really are very messed up
on the left side of your torsion bar, you will have trouble down the road.

> comes none of my 4 different manuals mention checking the left side?- I
> guess that after 30 years the problems are different ones to the
> contemporary ones?

	I think that this is precisely the case -- this problem shows
after a good many years of service.

-Greg