RE: 72 seatbelts in a 71

On 4 Mar 2003 at 17:24, sshisheng@hotmail.com wrote:

> Oops! I lied the part number is 111 857 705a/b?
> Sorry about that. However this is the same number as on rear fasteners, but
> the number on the rear reels is 311...?
> Maybe, they are incorrect?

IIRC, there is a takeup reel, and a separate "adapter" plate. It is possible
that both cars got the same takeup reel, which just happened to get a 311
number, but that you have the special 111 adapter plate with the spike.

They don't sound right to me, but you may just need the correct adapter plates.