From: "Roush, Norman" <norman.roush@hp.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 5:03 PM
Subject: [T3] Questions about gear and R&P ratios

> In the near future I will be getting a rebuilt 4-sp trans to go with a
1679 engine in a daily driver.  Would there be any benefit to changing the
R&P to 3.88 or changing 3rd to something like 1.37?  There would be a loss
of torque but the stronger engine may make up for that.  Would the lower
RPMs at crusing seriously affect the cooling?  I had thought about a 5-sp
but they're too expensive for this budget.