Re: [T3] Questions about gear and R&P ratios

NormanR=> any benefit to changing the R&P
=> to 3.88 or changing 3rd to something like 1.37?

That's exactly what I did with mine. My engine is a 1641 with a Type 4
cooler, and I cruise comfortably at 85mph and about 3300rpm. Cooling is not
an issue with this configuration, and I don't believe it was with the stock
cooler, either. Even with enrichment for altitude this gives me a dependable
30mpg, as well. I would recommend only one other change with the 3.88: also
shorten first gear to maintain torque off the line.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600