[T3] playtape update

<x-flowed>
I picked up a replacement drive belt for my Sapphire Playtape I radio/playtape player at the local electronics store. (No, not the "electronics" store where they try to force-sell you cell phones and satellite tv... that place is worse every year...) The belt is 9.1 inches in length, made by the PRB line of www.russellind.com. FRX9.1 is the part number. A very slightly longer belt might work, but this one does not seem too tight to me.

The electronics store also had a little tube of light oil with a long, skinny (~1mm wide) metal tube for reaching hard-to-get spots. Perfect.

I lubricated the the shaft/bearing of the large driven pulley as best I could and installed the new belt.

Well, after a little bit of encouragement, and a few more drops of oil, it works! Note, however, if I insert a tape in the unit, turn the front power switch on, and *then* turn on my power supply, it cannot spin up. Presumably the mechanical resistance of the tape cartridge and the power demands of startup prevent the motor from being able to pull the drive belt. If the radio is on and playing before I insert a tape, it works fine. Also, it had trouble starting cold for a while (I'd have to give the pulley a spin by hand), but now it seems to start cold fine by itself.

I'm quickly growing weary of these four Petula Clark tunes, so I'd better think about getting some more Playtapes!

-Greg