RE: [T3] CD Player in the glovebox

Thank you all for the info.

Nathan, that was exactly what I was talking about.  Thank you for finding it
for me.  It's too bad about it only being for the Type 1, but I've decided
on another solution anyway.

Dennis, another good point.  An MP3 player would be ideal, except that I
think that the tape deck that came with the car does not compliment it (it's
ugly).  With all of the air conditioning stuff below the dash, the deck was
mounted below that, leading to an even less pleasing appearance.  I had
thought of doing a similar thing with my CD walkman, but an MP3 player is
even smaller.  I do already have a car CD player though...

Jim, I'm going to take your advice about removing the AC stuff.  Even though
I live in Tucson, AZ (the temp was 100 degrees at 7:30pm today) I'm more
concerned about the engine temp than the temperature in the cabin.  I don't
think I have the skills to get the engine so perfect that the added stress
of AC wouldn't destroy it.  I will keep it out in the shed though.  I bought
some metal plugs for the holes.  The left one went in great, but the right
is an irregular shape, so I'll have to even it out soon so the plug will
fit.  While I'm at it, I thought I should do the same for the timing view
hole too.  Mine is an oval, making it a circle should make it easier to look
thru anyways.  I don't have a way to hook up the stock air cleaner at the
moment, should I cover up that hole as well?  I'm thinking I should, but I
thought I would ask in case I'm missing something.

Thank you all for the tips, they were very helpful.

Adam