[T3] AT Questions

This coming weekend I will be picking up a 69 AT squareback...
The car was grandma's grocery getter until  Jan 2000, when she passed..
Grandson received the car ...drove it for a bit then parked it  so  this car
has sat since then.

I haven't looked the car over completely but it seems the FI was replaced
with stock carbs at some time.
Here are a few of my questions...

If i get the car to run ..how does this carb conversion affect the tranny
and its ability to shift?
What type of jimmy rigging  might have been done here?

(Greg Meritt read here)
I plan to put the car back on the road and would like to keep the Carbs and
the Auto together if possible, can this combo work? Or will I need to put
the FI back in?

See Greg...We are not into chopping up cars [as stated], This car is a prime
example of a "lil old lady car" the original dealer plate frame on the car
and the glove box is full of paperwork.

I have my Bentley handy and will be reading up on this but i figured this
has been dealt with before.

thank all-

Martin Magnia

DDB Portland OR