Re: [T3] AT adjustment

On 30 Jun 2003 at 9:01, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> >Which bolt is this?
>
> The primary throttle pressure valve, page 9, Bentley AT section.
>
> Vacuum modulator is there and hooked up correctly.
>
> If I'm reading Bentley right, isn't the throttle pressure valve the valve
> that needs adjustment? In not, how do you adjust the VM?

Oh, I think that's one of the internal parts in the valve body. I don't think
there are any adjustments in there. The VM adjustment may be covered in the AT
chapter or in the maintenance chapter. I'll have to look for it tonight.

Proper adjustment requires a pressure gauge which you screw into a particular
port on the R side of the AT, then you adjust that pressure by turning a screw
with an allen wrench which you reach down the throat of the VM. I think this is
a 3mm allen wrench, but US made replacement VMs may just use a small
screwdriver.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org