Re: [T3] Fuel injectors -- is this safe?

On 26 Jun 2003 at 23:31, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> Wow, I still have some of these plastic sleeves. These couldn't be the
> original hoses, can they? No way. They probably reused the plastic sleeves after
> replacing the hoses.

I still have some of the original sleeves, but most of it is off the engines
because most of the US hose is too big for the sleeve to fit over it. I thought
most of the old sleeving got thrown away with the old hose, but it's possible
that your PO kept it. I'd hate to think that your hose is also original.

You can tell original hose because it is attached at the ends with little crimp
rings. If you have worm gear hose clamps, that hose has been replaced. The
crimp rings have to be cut off to replace the hose. There were NO worm gear
hose clamps anywhere on these engines when they were new.

I also have a NOS bundle of that vinyl fuel hose sleeving....