Re: [T3] Fuel leak

On 25 Jun 2003 at 18:57, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the approximate length of the braided 7mm fuel line that goes
> from the left side injector trhough the firewall to the fuel pump?. I need to
> have this replaced and I am not able to lift my car to follow it back.

You want to replace that line with 5/16" fuel hose. That hose runs just to the
nose of the transmission, where it connects to a steel tube which runs inside
the center tunnel for most of the length of the car.

My notes show that you need 35" to replace that hose, BUT I strongly recommend
that you NOT try to replace just that one line. If you do, you will then find
that in the process you have disturbed the next line in the chain and then
you're back to the store for more hose.

10' will replace everything in the rear of the car, except the return line
alongside the starter. You can use a bit less in early cars that don't have the
cold start valve.

You can do it all at once in a couple of hours with 10 feet of hose, or you can
make it take 6-8 hours with 3-4 trips to the store for the same amount of hose.

Of course, if all the other hoses are much newer than that one, it's a
different matter, but that's seldom the case.