[T3] Stock Steering Wheel typ III - 1971

Okay...  I had no idea that the steering wheel in question (see subject
line) was so rare.  I've called several folks (suppliers) and even a company
advertising restoration of VW steering wheels.

Here is where I rant.  I cannot believe that of the millions of wheels
produced by Wolfsburg these are so unobtanium.  End rant mode.

The wheel I have now is cracked through at the three o'clock and nine
o'clock positions or nearer the spokes.  These cracks reveal the metal rods
inside.  I was told this condition renders the wheel "unrestorable" by the
restoration specialty house.

I cannot get my head around a custom wheel as I have a desire to keep the
look.  What can a new to this kind of issue guy do?  Anyone out there have a
used and "restorable" wheel?  Or a restored wheel?  Or better yet NOS wheel?
Or best solution, old wheel that is a bit 'round the block that is not
cracked through.

I did get my exhaust pipe issue solved now I would ask for help on this.
Once completed I'm giving everyone on the list a ride.  Thanks in advance.

Michael Jekot
356 C & Typ 3
Minneapolis, MN

Poster Artist for the 2003 Ventura