[T3] Fuel injectors -- is this safe?

While disassembling the fuel injector clusters at the
end of each intake manifold, I noticed that on the
left-hand side someone had "modified" the fuel
injectors.

I know if the braided line at the top starts to crack
you can get away with trimming a little off and just
re-clamping it. I did that to the ones on cyls 1 & 2
when reassembling them. When I got to 3 & 4 though,
someone had completely removed the bracket that holds
the braided fuel line, as well as the fuel line itself
and had clamped on reinforced rubber fuel line to both
injectors.

Obviously,  I don't want to mess around with the fuel
system. If this is safe to do, I'll just replace the
rubber fuel line with German braided fuel line and
reclamp it. If it's not safe, I have a couple NOS
Bosch injectors I got cheap off Ebay a while back...

Thanks again for all the help...

Aaron

=====