From: Rob Carpenter [mailto:brnagn7@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 9:30 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Mechanics:Brain Teaser !! (who can solve this one??)

hello all,
big time delima.
had prob. starting engine.
1)I checked spark from both coil, and plugs=(good)
2) gas is good
3) compression is now good after torqing heads and
adjusting valves.

Car would start so I took apart carb and cleaned etc,
floats no longer sticking, it turns out my heads were
loose, now their also up to par, before I did all
these adjustments I had spark, but NOW I DONT !!
I have tried everything possible, new coil, wires,
points, I even ran a possitive lead from battery
directly to the coil, WHAT GIVES????

B.T.W. this is not T3 related but T2, but you guys are
by far more helpful than the T2 list so I thought I'd
ask here, (please forgive me :0)

Also, if it helps PO had changed ignition switch,
which I just took down and it sorta fell apart, I'm
not sure if this somehow is related to the problem
somehow, is it possible the ignition switch is somehow
blocking positive energy to the coil?,
even after I ran a possitive lead from battery????

thanx in advance,
rob