[T3] newbie needs parts

----- Original Message -----
From: Jamey Charlet
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 5:16 PM
Subject: newbie needs parts

Hi there, group!

I just joined the list so that I can tap into the expertise that's
concentrated here.
I have a 70 Fastback that needs a slew of things after a six year rest in a
pit of sand. The mechanical things I'm working on: dual carb Dellordos need
cleaning, replace the main bearings, yada, yada. Not being good with the
body stuff, I haven't a clue as to how to get replacements for the rusted
out rocker panels.
I have the understanding that it's better to replace the rocker panels (and
fenders) with rust holes, as opposed to patching them with Bondo or
fiberglass. What is the experience of this group with that problem? What
resources are best for things like replacement headliners and body parts? I
have a hard time finding these things on the 'net.
In advance, thanks for the advice!

Jamey Charlet
70 Fastback