Re: [T3] Question about breather pipe

On 12 Jun 2003 at 10:45, emilio tiraboschi wrote:

> just a question about the connection between oil filler tube and breather
> pipe: which kind of setup should have my 1970 notch? It has no connection
> for breather hose at oil filler and the breather pipe is not connected to
> anything, there is no cap at the end and it drips a few (why? and how can I
> fix this minor leakage?); on top of the breather assembly there is one
> plastic cap spring loaded and an hose connected to the air filter. It is the
> right setup?

For 1970, here's what you should have:

Breather box with one cap, spring under that cap, tube going down toward where
the filler pipe enters the case, short tube out the top right side.

Filler pipe should have an extra, short tube pointing up toward the tube coming
down from the breather box.

Rubber hose connecting these two tubes.

Rubber hose from top of breather box to air cleaner.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org