[T3] Question about breather pipe

<x-flowed>Hi all,
just a question about the connection between oil filler tube and breather pipe: which kind of setup should have my 1970 notch? It has no connection for breather hose at oil filler and the breather pipe is not connected to anything, there is no cap at the end and it drips a few (why? and how can I fix this minor leakage?); on top of the breather assembly there is one plastic cap spring loaded and an hose connected to the air filter. It is the right setup? At VW dealer i asked for, they gave me a print of microfiche of that section of engine, but it was impossible to determine wich model year has one setup or the other: the computer did not output further details-than the picture-about nonavailable spares.
Another stupid question: how can I hook the engine cover at the top of the rear frame? I supposed just firmly pressing it to force spring tension: I have greased the spring on the cover but it doesn't move at all.
*(Again I want to apologize for my funny explanations but I'm sure you will kindly understand and cooperate!)*

Thanks in advance for replies!
ciao

emilio
rome, IT

Notchback 1970 MY, built in late '69, dual carb, AT.