[T3] Good News and a question

I finally got the car back from the mechanic and it runs great!! It turns
out that only two of the fuel injectors were actually working most of the
time which explains my lack of power. The circuit board inside of the
computer had burned spots on it. He tracked down a used computer. Anyway, on
to the next problem. My gas gauge is not working at all. It was reading half
a tank even when it was full. I removed the sending unit and opened it up to
find rust on the shaft that was keeping the float from making it to the top.
I cleaned up the shaft so that the float moves freely and reinstalled the
unit. Now I have no reading at all! The thin wires inside look fine. I'm
also still getting the occasional smell of gas inside of the car even though
ther is no visible leak. Any hints on fixing the gauge. The mechanic
actually ran out of gas on a test drive!

Joel