Re: Various Engine Queries (was: [T3] Timing)

Ben wrote:
> If you can't get anything, then the condenser could possibly be
>shorted to ground although this is a rare occurrence with genuine
>Bosch parts.

 I ran into a little problem helping a friend out last weekend (on his bug
doing a tune up), the car had both a low and high speed miss. The points were
pitted pretty bad, and upon replacing both the points and condenser (using Bosch
parts) the miss was completely gone. This just shows that even Bosch parts
can go bad occasionally.
 The problem was that his wife didn't drive the car very much, and it was
the bowl of the carb that also got cleaned out. I think it was mostly a case of
neglect.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban