Re: [T3] A detail that I forgot to mention

On 1 Jun 2003 at 22:59, JBRIGS wrote:

> I forgot to mention that we went to tow the car a few days after it died and
> it started right up. We drove it onto the flatbed, got it down to the garage
> and it refused to start once again. The garage claims that the car will
> start, but it cuts out and will not run continuously.

Here are 2 more things to do when you get the car back.

Look for the cold start valve under the right side of the intake air
distributor. There is a fuel hose running to it, as well as an electrical
connection. Carefully just unplug the electrical connection.

When the engine has cooled and you think it may start, get a voltmeter and
connect it across the battery. Start the car and watch the voltmeter. The
voltage should go up to 14.1-14.4V if you rev the engine up to med rpm. It may
take a few minutes to get up there, so watch the meter while you do this. If
the voltage won't go over 13.5V replace the voltage regulator with a genuine
Bosch #30-019.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org