Re: [T3] Kevin trek update (attn: Russ and Jim)

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 17:05, Keith Park wrote:
> If he comes through Albany, have him give me a ring!

Kevin just left here with a car that is running pretty good. He is
headed to Boston.

Jim A. He will probalby be getting ahold of you for a distributor
overhaul when he gets home. He has a breaker plate with a worn bushing.
I didn't want to tear it apart, and then not be able to get him running
again. I set the points a little wide to make sure he gets home.

His valves were a little tight, and he has an exhaust leak. One of the
big nuts is completely unscrewed, and I couldnt get it to start without
cross threading, so I left it for him until he can take the whole
exhaust loose to start it.

BTW, piece of info for Brian. Kevin has a '71 with the large disk brakes
and calipers. His production date on the door jamb says July 1971.
I noticed the brakes while we were greasing the front end. he has one
upper zerk that won't take grease. It is on his to-do list for when he
gets home. He has a decent sized list, but nothing major.
The car is pretty rust free. That will be rare for the Boston area.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT