[T3] I feel better!!

Thanks for the advice so far! My experience really lies with fixing old
Chrysler slant 6's which is an entirely different scenario than the T3. I
recently picked up the Bently service manual as well as a copy of How to
Keep Your Volkswagen Alive. I've been going over these books for the past
couple of weeks and I'm starting to think that I might be able to fix this
myself. The previous owner also did some interesting things such as
"polishing" the valves and bolting a new "copper" fuel line to the underside
of the pan instead of running it through the tunnel. I think that he may
have done some harm to the car as well. I live in Phillipsburg, NJ which is
just east of Allentown, PA. You've confirmed my thoughts that I really need
to get this car back from this garage!

Joel