[T3] russ, i really need your brain!

<x-flowed>got done with the Woodburn, Or VW show yesterday, got on the freeway and started to smell heat! Pulled over and found a locked up front left caliper... now this is where it really gets aggravating: the caliper is different than the one on the front right. grrrr. this thing is bigger, with bigger pads, but it and the mounting system are also different. instead of having a 2 1/4" center to center distance on the 2 mounting bolts, it has 3" center to center distance! i have now idea what it is off of... does russ or anyboby know? the only # on it is 186 (isn't that a THING part number?) and if so, how did the PO get a thing spindle assembly on a type 3? grrrrr.... in the end, i have to pinch off the line and drive 200 miles with only 1 front brake (my nerves were a bit fried when i got home at midnight!) so, if anyone out there can enlighten me as to what is there, i would be most grateful. also, if anyone has a good leftside spindle for the 2 bleeder type 3 braking system, please email on a cost so that i can get the front of my car to at least match! thank you

--
Brian Fye  http://www.geocities.com/menacefye
1964 Notchback Speedster w/ 2332cc -- driven whenever possible