Re: [T3] empi vs brm (repro's)

i too am looking for rims, every night for the past
week the hubby and
i look on the internet and he'll show me rims on the
samba or eBay or
some independent place and we'll go through about 10
rounds of "do you
like these?" "nope" until last night when i saw some
pedrini's and
instantly fell in love. what can anyone tell me about
these??

janina
'71 squareback
daly city, CA

orntar@orntar.net wrote:i have been looking into
getting some wheels for my car for some time now, and
i just saw that american eagle is now making empi
chrome wheels for 179.99 ea.
the polished is still about 99.99 and brm replicas can
be bought for 129.99. i
have always liked the empi's but every body has em
(relatively speaking, of
course). i like the brm's too, but i don't like the
black, i saw silver/grey
for five lug, but not four lug.

i remeber our last discussion of empi polished
finishes, it was mentioned that
the repro polished empi's duleed because a claer coat
is not applied to them at
manufacturing. how do others like their polished
wheels? any (undue) dulling? i
think chrome would be pretty sweet.

so for the money and looks which ones do my fellow
type 3er's prefer?

nathan
http://www.orntar.net/project/vwt3.html
1970 fastback