Re: [T3] Brake warning light wiring on 68 Squareback

On 30 Jul 2003 at 15:42, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 30 Jul 2003 at 13:37, Matthew Willis wrote:
>
> > The brake warning light in my 68 Squareback has been coming on whenever I
> > press the brake, although the brakes seem to feel and stop well. I figured I
> > would check the wiring since it could very be an electrical problem. I
> > received my Bentley today, but its 8/66-7/69 wiring diagram doesn't include
> > the warning light!
>
> It's in the brake chapter.

I only find the latest (72-3) system shown in the brake chapter.

Looking now I see that the early system is diagrammed nowhere. All the wiring
diagrams show the later system with 2 switches (tagged "F" in the wiring
diagrams, look just to the left of the fuse box.

> BUT you probably don't have the original MC anymore, so your's has probably
> been changed. 68-9 had 3 switches on the MC, but starting in 70 they made the
> system much simpler and just used 2 switches that were each more complicated.
> It is likely that one of your switches is bad or is wired up wrong.
>
> Tell us what you see on the switches on the MC.

The easiest and best thing to do when your car has been upgraded to the later
MC is to also change the switch harness to the later version. It's a plug-in
replacement that ends at the LR corner of the gas tank, in the trunk.

Get one of these from a junker or from me.