From: Jason Weigel [mailto:notchboy@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:47 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] 83 mm rings

Ok here is the scoop on the pistons. They are the real deal from the
factory. 83mm MAHLE dohmed topped pistons! I have no clue what rings fit
based on the description youve given. Im just glad you have a killer
selection. Look below at the pics. The lowest one on the piston is the oil
ring. Its got a funny crinkle ring then the channeled/ grooved ring out side
it. The two upper ones look the same. For those out there that have never
seen a "S" dohmed piston.........here ya go!

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1060353651402_1061186516490_MVC_
009S.JPG
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1060811489090_1058726351909_MVC_
010S.JPG
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1059938962080_1057977561912_MVC_
011S.JPG
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1058302958579_1058961267347_MVC_
012S.JPG

thanks again Neil, as we find out which ones fit mail me off the list with
the price.

thanks all

jason