RE: [T3] new radio holder

>From: Russ wolfe
>
>What supports the back of the radio on that set-up?

Of the intended vwinnovations console, it has nothing. The sides of the
consol hit the upper fire whall just inside the original drain cover
screws, so it would be east to make a couple of metal brackets. Now, for
mine, I have a radio support bracket that came with my radio hooked to
the fire wall (comes with all modern head units)

>And does it have provisions to be used with an Automatic??

The console has NO holes cut in it. The hole you saw in the pics is one
I cut for test fitting my manual stick. The bottom of the console is
kinda narrow, so I don't know if it would be wide enogh to cut a whol in
it and still fit over the trim for the AT shifter. I can measure it if
anyone wants to know if it will work with theirs. As for mine, yes it
will work with AT, :)

The console kinda wedges down onto the carpet and that holds it pretty
well once the shifter is in. I liked the look of it. With out carpes one
might want to make a pad or something to help wedge it in.

Cheers.

nathan
http://www.orntar.net/project/vwt3.html
70 fastback