Re: [T3] Putting everything back together

on 26/7/2003 8:25 PM, Chris J Valade at redyouth@juno.com wrote:

> If I can't find a bubble protractor (I'm going to look for one
> tomorrow), how can I make certain that the lower torsion arm is in at the
> right angle?  I'm eyeing it the best I can based on the pictures in
> Bentley's, but that is far from a sure method.

When I was fiddling around with the suspension on my Fastback, I took some
measurements for the stock height.

I measured from the top of the shock absorber bolt, to the bottom of the
shock absorber mounting stud (with the spindle off, shock out, and arm
hanging in the relaxed position).

This measurement was 452mm at the stock height, so that should give you a
starting point. I found that turning the bar one inner spline, and the arm
one outer spline in the opposite direction, that changed the arms position
by 1mm so there is a very fine adjustment there, and it will take a while to
get it spot on, and both sides matching.

Ben Doughney

'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL
'65 1500N - Val