RE: [T3] more fun electrical problems

On 25 Jul 2003 at 18:42, Ben Wampler wrote:

> The wire that runs to the 4 lights is the one that draws too much
> current.
>
> It's also kind of strange that the 4 lights do come on when I connect
> that wire... I'd have though with a short, it would keep power from
> getting to the lights.

This is with the large fuse, I assume. Yes, this is unusual. I wonder if there
is something else that is supposed to be on that circuit.

> Would it be a good idea to just make a new wire
> to run to all the lights or would that create more problems?

I wouldn't just start adding new wires. You'll probably just put in a lot of
work and still find that you have a problem somewhere.

If this a 70-3, you should have 2 bulbs in each front running light housing. Do
you see 2 bulbs lighting up in each? If not, go in there and pull out the bulbs
and see if this makes any difference. Corrosion in those housings is a common
problem.

There is also a 3 way connector behind the L headlight. If you disconnect the
grey wire from this it should disable all 4 front bulbs. This might help narrow
down the problem.

What year is this?