Re: [T3] my first post

On 25 Jul 2003 at 15:20, janina wrote:

> my mechanic friend did that with the rotor and it
> wasn't doing what he wanted it to do. so he cleaned
> the points and that seemed to help.

Cleaning the points won't help this problem. Please don't take offense, but I
think you need to keep looking for a mechanic; I don't think you've found one
yet.

If your distributor rotor is still sticking it should probably be rebuilt to
get it running properly. I rebuild these for $55 including return shipping.
this covers labor and minor parts. Major parts would be extra, but are seldom
needed. You can solicit opinions of my work from list members. I've rebuilt
distributors for a number of them.

> one of the injector is leaking a little bit and the
> other one needs to be replaced (per my mechanic). i
> just got 4 brand new (in the box) injectors off ebay
> for $93.00, after looking around and finding that they
> are like $60 a pop. so i guess i lucked out, and have
> spare ones in case.

Yes, I also bid in that auction. I'd hate to see you waste good injectors, so
I'll offer to buy your "bad" ones once you've replaced them. If you just stick
them away somewhere after you take them off the car they will rust inside and
become worthless rather quickly.

> i live in daly city, california. right outside of san francisco.

We should have some listees in that area who could help you.