Re: [T3] Electrical snafu

> > Anyone have any other ideas, before  I pull off the steering wheel and
put a
> > new ignition switch in?
>
> It's just possible that the starter wire from the ignition switch is
pinched
> somewhere inside the steering column.

It's not. I've removed it and inspected it and I'm pretty sure it's OK.

You might find this once you start to
> take everything apart. Otherwise I think you're on the right track. I
think 69
> ignitions switches are not that hard to find, but I have an old one that
would
> only be good for parts if you want it--for the postage.

Well, between you and me, I'm not using a 69 ignition switch (don't tell
anyone). I think it's from a 71, and it conforms to the wiring diagram in
the Haynes manual (it has an "X" terminal). I've got a spare one of the same
type and I'll try it out if I can't find any other reason for the problem.
For various reasons (mostly parts availability) my car is wired as a 71 Type
3, with some hybridisation with the '67 Type 34 wiring diagram (horn relay,
foglight relay etc.). There's not really all that much difference, and
everything works (better now that I've tidied up the fuse box).

I do have the original ignition switch from my car, but it seems to be
damaged. One day I may attempt to partially rewire my car to make it exactly
like a Type 34, but it's not urgent.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info