From: JBRIGS [mailto:jbrig@enter.net]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 1:53 AM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Patch panels??

I've decided to take a stab at fixing the rust on my '73 fastback. I pulled
up the carpet in the front and found lots of surface rust on the driver's
side floor. It's rusted through around the heat duct and the wheel well. I
gave the floor a good coating of POR-15, but I still have a hole. I have
been unable to find any type 3 patch panels. I am not a master craftsman by
any means, so fabricating my own panels is proving to be a bit difficult. I
have a wire feed mig welder, but i'm not sure that I want to weld inside of
the car. What is the best way to patch these holes? It doesn't seem fair
that I can find every body part imaginable for a beetle but nothing for my
car! Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

Joel