Re: [T3] wiper motor question

On 24 Jul 2003 at 13:42, Phil Millwood wrote:

> On my '62 type 34 (still 6V), my wipers run really slow and sometimes stop
when I first turn them on.  If I 'help' them out for a couple of passes, they
generally work fine... Same thing if I'm going fast enough, the wind helps to
push them up- and they return on their own without problem.  I've cleaned all
the electrical contacts I can get to on the motor (although the push-putton
dash switches are a bit hard to get to, I think I cleaned them up fairly well
also).  I need to know WHERE to grease, how much, and if theres anything else I
could do.

You might want to get a voltmeter and check to make sure that you have a full
6V getting to the motor. At least this would verify that you've done as well as
possible in cleaing connections.

The one place that I see that needs grease is in the shafts for the wiper arms.
To get to these you have to take everything under the dash out first, then
remove the motor with the wiper frame. The shafts need to be lubricated in the
sleeves that they run in. The best way to do this is to pull them completely
apart and clean them out, then pack a good grease in there. This can make a
HUGE difference.