From: Aaron Clow [mailto:vw_variant71@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 11:24 AM
To: kguarnotta@usa.net; Type 3 List
Subject: re:spark plug spit out

--- Kevin Guarnotta <kguarnotta@usa.net> wrote:
> So I started it up-and no problems...
>
> Bizarre...the only thing I can think is the
> anti-seize allowed the spark
> plug to loosen up...

Well, hopefully to put your mind a little more at
ease, this happened on my former beetle on a long trip
from NH to NY. Somewhere around CT this horrible noise
started coming from the engine compartment. I thought,
"oh my gosh." (well, I'm censoring myself for list
postment)

I went around back & there was the spark plug on the
engine tin, still had the ignition wire connected.
Tightened it up again and off I went. Kept a watch on
it from then on though. No ill effects followed. Just
a freaky thing...

Aaron

=====