RE: [T3] Numbers-...Now Fenders

> Jason -
>
> You can use a conventional drill bit to drill the fiberglass
> composite.  I would recommend drilling a small pilot hole to
> start and then stepping up a couple of times to get to the
> size you need.  To cut the square holes for the turn signals
> and stuff, you can use an abrasive cut-off hole, but the best
> thing to use is a small pneumatic reciprocating saw.  You
> could also use a saws-all or jig saw with a small metal
> cutting blade.  Many small teeth is better.

Thanks for the info.

> Alternatively, I would swap you the steel fenders from Jane
> (71 Fasty) for the 'glass fenders.  Jane's are all stripped
> and in pretty decent shape if I remember correctly.  I will
> have to go out in the garage after work and refresh my
> memory.  I could send pics.

Hey if they are in good condition (no big rust holes) I would be more than
willing to trade, I am no good with any of this body stuff, I will probably
end up with a 4 inch gap between the fender and the door ;)

>BTW, you coming up for the Milan
> show on Saturday?

I am very tempted but I was just in MI last weekend, the Grandparents have
the 7 year old, it sure has been a nice week ;)
But I still may not be able to resist the pull of the show. Are you going?

Are you comming to the Columbus show August 9th? Anyone?

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
Columbus, OH USA
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm