Re: [T3] Electrical snafu

Just went out and had a quick look.

I SEEM to have found the short.

It was on the wire to the starter. I removed the wire and nothing blew. I
had a look at the wire and found what looked like a tiny bald patch in the
insulation. I put tape over it, and also over the connector, where I
soldered it about two years ago. I also rerouted the wire to reduce pressure
on it. When I get the time I'll replace that section of wire with a brand
new one. When I originally did that wiring I sometimes used bits of old VW
wire to keep the right colours.

The car started.

So far so good, but as this has always been an intermittent problem, I can't
be sure yet. After I am certain that I've found the short, I'll see if I
need to rearrange the fuse box. As of now, if I did connect up that fuse
backwards it seems to have been for the best. If it had been connected
correctly it is possible that the first I would have known of it was when I
smelt burning from under the dash.

Thanks,

Daniel.