Re: [T3] Burned Valve?

On 22 Jul 2003 at 20:57, Keith Park wrote:

> When you unbolt the rocker shafts the blocks slide to eather side and
> tighten the end play on one rocker and loosen it on the other
> somewhat... remember there are no springy washers in there.  The setup
> is poor... and doent hold adjustment well as far as end play is
> concerned.

I guess this means that the bolt holes are large enough to allow the shafts
and/or the blocks to shift around. I agree, I think the OE parts fit pretty
snugly on the large diameter part of the step studs in the head.

> Im looking at the mating of the cylinder and head at the bottom with a
> flashlight, I havent had the heads off but if there were blowby (at
> least this much) id see some carbon and dripping.

So you didn't get the late "cool tin?" I think these cover this area pretty
completely, but maybe there is still some room there. There would still be
plenty of places that you couldn't see, however.